2. Spread the word
Join our community on Facebook and share your picture with the George In Jail flyer.
A few questions and answers on #FreeGeorge
If George Washington were alive today he would be in jail. Why?
Because George Washington grew industrial hemp.
Why did he grow hemp?
- Hemp is one of the world’s strongest natural fibers second only to spider silk.
- Hemp enriches rather than depletes the soil by shedding its leaves throughout the season, creating a rich compost.
- Hemp uses 4x less water than cotton when processed for textiles.
- Hemp requires no pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers to grow.
- Hemp helps to purify the soil, removing heavy metals.
- Hemp is considered a carbon negative raw material because its growth actually produces an outlet of CO2 from the earth’s atmosphere.
- Hemp is free from allergens.
Hemp is an innocent bystander of the failed war on drugs.
Hemp has been lumped in with marijuana as a Schedule 1 controlled substance even though it contains no psychoactive components and is only used for industrial purposes.
Why does HoodLamb care?
We are the original hemp tailors. We produce all of our apparel with hemp. We believe strongly that hemp farming and manufacturing is the answer to rejuvenating depressed farming communities, and to bringing HoodLamb production to the United States.